The First Minister has today unveiled the Welsh Government’s five year plan for Wales.
Introduce a New Treatment Fund to give people in Wales fast access to new and innovative treatments and work to end the postcode lottery for drugs and treatments not routinely available on the NHS.
On health and social care, the Government has committed to:
- Improving our healthcare services: continuing to improve access to GP surgeries, making it easier to get an appointment, as well as Increase investment in facilities to reduce waiting times and exploit digital technologies to help speed up the diagnosis of illness
- Introducing a new treatment fund to give people in Wales fast access to new and innovative treatments and work to end the post-code lottery for drugs and treatments not routinely available on the NHS
- Investing in our healthcare staff by taking action to attract and train more GPs, nurses and other health professionals across Wales and ensure more nurses, in more settings, through an extended nurse staffing levels law
- Prioritise mental health treatment, support, prevention and de-escalation, and increase access to talking therapies
- Care and older people: More than double the capital people can keep when entering residential care to £50,000