The MHRA has updated it’s guidance on the Yellow Card Scheme which acts as guidance for healthcare professionals. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) monitor the safety of all healthcare products in the UK to ensure they are acceptably safe for patients and users.
Reports can be made for:
- suspected adverse drug reactions (ADRs) to all medicines including:
- blood factors and immunoglobulins
- herbal medicines
- homeopathic remedies
- all medical devices available on the UK market
- defective medicines (those that are not of an acceptable quality)
- fake or counterfeit medicines or medical devices
It is important that problems with medicines and medical devices are reported, as the reports help identify new problems with these products.