The list of departmental responsibilities has been finalised today with the announcement of the briefs for the two new Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State, Steve Brine MP and Jackie Doyle-Price MP.
- Steve Brine covers public health, primary care, NHS England and major diseases
- Jackie Doyle-Price covers community care, mental health and adult social care
As outlined on 14 June on the MAP Website, the others Ministerial responsibilities are as follows:
- The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State, stays in charge of all areas of health policy with a particular focus on overall financial control and oversight of all NHS delivery and performance. He is expected to lead on mental health
- Philip Dunne MP, Minister of State, oversees all aspects of hospital care, NHS performance and operations, STPs, the workforce, patient safety and maternity care
- Lord O’Shaughnessy, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State covers all aspects of health in the House of Lords, but his brief also includes leading on drugs spending, life sciences, NICE and the EU. He will therefore be a key figure for the health biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry