Scottish Government Calls for Views on Opportunities for the Use of Technology in Health and Social Care
The Scottish Health and Sport Committee are seeking views on the Scottish Government’s approach to eHealth. They would like to hear about the successes and failures of existing telecare and telehealth strategies and the opportunities future developments might present. The committee will also explore barriers to innovation in the NHS.
The Committee are keen to hear responses to the following questions:
- What do you consider have been the main successes of the existing Scottish Government’s eHealth and telecare/telehealth strategies and why?
- What do you consider have been the main failures of the existing Scottish Government’s eHealth and telecare/telehealth strategies and why?
- How well does the Scottish Government’s draft Digital Health and Social Care Vision 2017-2022 address the future requirements of the NHS and social care sector?
- Do you think there are any significant omissions in the Scottish Government’s draft Digital Health and Social Care vision 2017-2022.
- What key opportunities exist for the use of technology in health and social care over the next 10 years?
- What actions are needed to improve the accessibility and sharing of the electronic patient record?
- What are the barriers to innovation in health and social care?