“The Regulatory Science strategy to 2025 aims to build a more adaptive regulatory system that will encourage innovation in human and veterinary medicine. The strategy includes developments and challenges in medicines development that we together with the Commission and NCAs experts have identified in a thorough process of mapping and selection. Now we want to hear from our stakeholders whether they consider this strategy is ambitious enough.”
The goals of the strategy are given as:
- catalysing the integration of science and technology in medicine development
- driving collaborative evidence generation – improving the scientific quality of evaluations
- advancing patient-centred access to medicines in partnership with healthcare systems (for human medicines only)
- addressing emerging health threats
- enabling and leveraging research and innovation in regulatory science.