Specifically, for the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), this includes:
- Human Medicines, covering Prescription-only, Pharmacy and General Sales List Medicines, clinical trials and children’s vitamins (for import and export)
- Medical Devices and Clinical Consumables, considered to be Category 1 (for import and export)
- Vaccines (for import only)
- Nutritional Specialist Feeds, including Infant Milk Formula (for import only)
- Biological materials such as blood, organs, tissues and cells (for import only)
The announcement states that these are ‘goods which are critical to the preservation of human or animal welfare’.
Further guidance on market access in Europe visit MAP Europe.