During the formal opening of the Rutherford Cancer Centre the Welsh Minister for Health and Social Services, Vaughan Gething made announcements on new strategies to transform pathology and precision therapeutics in Wales.
- The publication of a Statement of Intent for Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products
- For more on ATMPs see the MAP UK ATMP page
- The publication of the a Statement of Intent for pathology services
- Recognition of the importance of early detection
- Intervention to prevent illness and prolong independence
- Additional funding of £2.3m to support the delivery of new genetic tests
- Additional funding of £2m to support national plans of transformation
The speech follows announcements from the Minister last month.
Read the full speech here.