Innovate UK and the Office for Life Sciences are offering SMEs a share of £1.5 million in a funding competition.
These funds are aimed at helping small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) develop the evidence base for their medical devices, diagnostics and digital technologies in NHS settings.
Eligible projects will involve collecting clinical performance data to support demonstration of cost effectiveness, or involve the development of detailed plans for data collection.
Innovate UK and the Office for Life Sciences have stated participants need to meet certain criteria, and priority will be provided to projects relating to:
- ageing well
- digital transformation
- learning disabilities and autism
- mental health
- personalised care
Positive MAP Insights
This Innovate UK programme also mentions the NICE META tool:
“show that you have performed an initial product evidence gap analysis using either the NICE META tool, a comparable approach or other product specific advice”
META provides an evidence gap analysis, delivered through a number of facilitators. In using the META tool you could build the understanding needed to succeed in this Innovate UK competition. MAP is an experienced facilitator of META, contact enquiries for more information.
- the competition will open on 22 April 2019, and close at midday on 3 July 2019
- to lead the project, you must be a micro, small or medium-sized enterprise based in the UK
- up to £250,000 including VAT is available
- projects must start by 12 December 2019, and be completed by the end of December 2020
Full details of the competition including the eligibility criteria can be found here.