In a letter to the Irish Pharmaceutical Industry Association (IPHA), and its members, the Health Products Regulatory Agency (HPRA) has made a series of requests to mitigate coronavirus-related supply risks to patients.
In the letter, HPRA asks for companies to inform them of:
- Any anticipated shortages of medicinal products in general or of particular classes of products or therapeutic areas as a result of the current COVID-19 epidemic, either due to disruptions to the supply chain or logistic issues (e.g. transportation, shortage of ancillary supplies)
- Detailed reason for these anticipated shortages
- Markets impacted – particular MSs or all EU/EEA
- Timelines for any anticipated shortages, i.e. extent and duration of the shortage (start and possible duration)
- Shortage prevention plans developed in the context of the COVID-19 infection, including ability to mitigate the extent or duration and specific challenges they entail”
Information may provided to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the full letter here.