Westminster Health Forum – Next steps for antimicrobial resistance – funding and incentives, prescribing, developing the global response and learning from the COVID-19 pandemic
Monday 30 November, 2020 starting at 08:30 - 13:00
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will discuss priorities for tackling antimicrobial resistance, progress on the UK strategy and global collaboration.
It takes place following the launch of a new payment model for antibiotics earlier this year which incentivises pharmaceutical companies to develop innovative new treatments. The session will feature:
- Priorities for innovation and global collaboration in tackling antimicrobial resistance
- Trends in global antibiotic use – time for increased AWaRe-ness and ambition?
- The impact of COVID-19 on antimicrobial resistance research systems and advancing innovation
- Next steps for enabling the development and adoption of innovation and new treatments
- Funding and opportunities for accelerating clinical research and it reaching patients
- The new payment system – prospects and priorities for incentivising the development of new antibiotic treatments
- Progress in prescribing and tackling antimicrobial resistance in the UK
- Improving prevention and understanding the impact of COVID-19
- Applying lessons from AMR in animal and environmental health and opportunities for collaboration
- Responsible antibiotic use in healthcare – integration with COVID-19 recovery plans, diagnostics and appropriate prescribing, supporting clinicians and patients, local health system implementation