Become a part of our successful team
MAP was founded in 2012 and after experiencing successive years of growth, we are now working with over 70 biopharma and medtech companies across major global markets.
We are looking for highly skilled and ambitious individuals who share our vision to be the market leader in accelerating patient access to medicines, devices and diagnostics.
Whether you are taking your first step out of university, looking for the next step in your career, or seeking a leadership position, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Who we are looking for
We want to hear from you if you have good attention to detail, excellent communication skills, integrity, conscientiousness, drive and enthusiasm. People who thrive at MAP have these attributes and are excited to apply them to our work.
Due to the broad research-based nature of the company, we will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds. Career opportunities at MAP include, and are not limited to:
- Market Access
- Health Economics
- Medical Writing
- Health Policy
- English or other languages
Strong competency in Microsoft Office applications is mandatory.
- Health Economics Consultant and Senior Consultant
- Salary depending on experience + Bonus + Benefits
Do you have consulting experience or are you an in-house HEOR expert?
Are you a Consultant who is looking for the next step in your career?
With a rapidly growing and exciting workload, we are looking for individuals with Health Economics expertise to join our team.
The role includes:
- Working with innovative approaches to health economic decision problems such as in rare diseases or where there are limited data – for BioPharma, MedTech and IVD clients
- Strategic input to the design and operational development of health economic materials including:
- Evidence review and synthesis
- Statistical analysis
- Health economic modelling
- Health technology assessment submissions
- Manuscript and report development
- Support development and delivery of strategic workshops to meet client needs, especially where there is a significant health economics element or opportunity
- Support clients in development of their pricing strategy using analogues and changes in health policy, as well as the experience of the management team
- Including pricing submissions to the UK Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and its equivalent in other countries
- Management of global projects or workstreams within projects, including coaching of junior members of the team
- Management of key client relationships with the support of senior management
- Support the board of management in development of proposals to continuously grow the consulting side of MAP BioPharma
- Support the continuous improvement of content of the web-based subscription service operated by MAP BioPharma (www.mapbiopharma.com and www.mapmedtech.com)
- Actively engage in the process to develop the role in an appropriate way to maintain personal development and commitment to the business
- Options for this role to develop – subject to the individual’s personal aims and objectives include but are not limited to:
- Policy & Public affairs – engaging with UK and Ireland and EU governments on matters relating to pricing, health economics and market access policy
- Academic engagement – developing and maintaining a network of contacts in academia to provide a resource for MAP in the future
- Masters qualification in Health Economics or relevant discipline
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to explain complex concepts in understandable terms with client facing experience
- Ability to independently manage tasks, including excellent time management and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at any given time
- Experience and knowledge of working within NICE guidelines and methods for HTA submissions is desirable
- Relevant health economics experience either in-house, within consultancy or HTA organisation
- High attention to detail with strong quantitative and numerical skills with competencies using Excel (VBA), STATA, R, TreeAge or similar software packages
- Experience and knowledge of health economic modelling for HTA submissions
- Excellent command of the English Language both verbally and in writing
We are looking for an individual who embodies our vision and values, who takes pride in their work and who really wants to accelerate patient access to medicines, medical devices and diagnostics.
MAP was founded in 2012 and we have a vision to be the market leader in accelerating patient access to medicines, devices and diagnostics. To achieve this, MAP provides services that help BioPharma and MedTech clients achieve optimal pricing and market access. We have developed online resources for the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the Nordic countries, and we plan to extend development to include other EU countries. Outside Europe, Canada, Japan, Brazil and Turkey are now available, and plans are in place to add more countries.
Our team is dynamic, quick thinkers and great problem solvers with a very diverse background. With a rapidly growing and exciting workload, now is the time to join our team.
Strictly No Agencies
As a business we do not offer visa sponsorship and applicants will require full documentation to evidence their right to work in the UK
MAP employee benefits
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays + birthday (on working days)
- 4x salary life assurance scheme
- Personal growth in our unique culture
- Private health insurance scheme membership
- Free car parking at the office